- (April 2012) NFDC India have just released/re-released a collectors' edition DVD of my film JAYA GANGA on the Indian market. Please check details on: http://www.facebook.com/jayagangathefilm and, for international inquiries, contact email@example.com
India by Song (French version with Jean-Claude Carrière’s voice-over)
will be broadcast by TV5Monde worldwide over the month of February.
Please find the telecast schedule below:
07/02/12- 17h TV5 FBS (France-Belgique-Suisse)
07/02/12 - 19h TV5 Etats Unis
07/02/12 - 17h04 hTV5 Amérique latine
07/02/12 - 17h TV5 FBS (France-Belgique-Suisse)
07/02/12 - 15h TV5 Orient
07/02/12 - 14h 25 TV5 Afrique
07/02/12 - 12h30 TV5 Europe
07/02/12 - 05h TV5 Asie
08/02/12 - 05h TV5 Pacifique
12/02/12 - 08h49 TV5 Amérique latine
12/02/12 - 05h02 TV5 Orient
14/02/12 - 22h33 TV5 Asie
14/02/12 - 19h TV5 Pacifique
14/02/12 - 10h03 TV5 FBS (France-Belgique-Suisse)
14/02/12 - 05 h TV5 FBS (France-Belgique-Suisse)
23/02/12 - 08h41 TV5 Amérique latine
[ www.indiabysong.com or India by Song on facebook for more details https://www.facebook.com/IndiaBySong ]
Screening of India by Song at the Harvard University, South Asia
Initiative, on 15 November 2011 at 6 pm. The showing will be followed
by a Q&A with Vijay Singh
- Screening of India by Song at the Asia Society, New York, on 18
November 2011 at 6.45 pm will be followed by a Q&A with Vijay Singh.
- Screening of India by Song at the Princeton University, South Asia
Centre, on 17 November 2011 at 4.30 pm will be followed by a Q&A.
- Screening of India by Song at the Centre Georges Pompidou, Paris, on 16 September 2011 at 8pm will be followed by a Q&A.
- Bollywood and Beyond Stuttgart Film Festival showcases India by Song on 23 July 2011 at 12.30pm.
- Screening of India by Song at the Etonnants Voyageurs Literary
Festival, St Malo, on 11 June 2011 at 11.30 am. Venue Cinema Vauban.
- Special screening of India by Song at the Emeraude Cinema, Dinan, on 12 May 2011
- Screening of India by Song at the Armor India Festival on 10 May 2011 at 8pm
- Special screenings of India by Song and Jaya Ganga (double bill) at the Phoenix Picture House, Oxford on 17 April 2011
- Special screenings of India by Song and Jaya Ganga (double bill) at
the Little Theatre Cinema, Bath, on 16 April 2011
- India by Song will be shown at the Reflet Medicis cinema, Paris on 19 March 2011
- India by Song will be the opening film of the Cinérail Film Festival,
Paris, at the Arlequin Cinema on 15 March 2011 at 8.30 pm
- Screening of India by Song at the Musee Guimet, Paris, on 18 February 2011
- India by Song is
awarded the River to River Digichannel Audience Award for Best
Documentary at the River to River Florence Indian Film Festival in
- India by Song is invited for a screening
and Q & A session with Vijay Singh at the River to River- Florence
Indian Film Festival in Firenze, Italy in the Competition category.
Screening on 4th December 2010 at 6.30 pm at Cinema Teatro Odeon, piazza Strozzi 1.
The Embassy of India in Paris, France is hosting a special presentation
and screening of India by Song at Cinéma Le Balzac, Paris on 29
November, 2010 as part of Namaste France, the Cultural Festival of
India in France. The screening will be followed by a Q & A session
with Vijay Singh.
- India by Song invited by the So Bollywood
Association in Montpellier, France for a screening and interactive talk
with Vijay Singh at Salle Rabelais in Montpellier on 27 November 2010.
- India by Song screening and discussion with Vijay Singh at the Lycee Sainte-Croix de Neuilly, France on 15 November 2010.
- India by Song screening and interactive talk with Vijay Singh at the Punjab Public School Nabha (India) on 1st November 2010.
Roll of Honour awarded to Vijay Singh by the Board of Governors of the Punjab Public School Nabha.
- India by Song screening and interactive talk with Vijay Vijay Singh at Mohindra College, Patiala (India) on 1st November 2010
6 June 2010 at 8.35 pm, 7 June 2010 at 3.45 pm, 8 June 2010 at 4.45 pm,
broadcast of 'India by Song' on France Ô television channel.
- 19 May 2010
Market screening of 'India by Song' at the Cannes Film Festival.
- 13 January 2010
of Vijay Singh’s ‘India by Song’ begins in Mumbai. A
Franco-Indian co-production. Shooting locations in India:
Bangalore, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Delhi, Amritsar.
- Screening of One Dollar Curry at the Indo-American Film Festival,
American Centre, New Delhi, 20-21 November 2009.
- An article
in the French newspaper Libération on 15 juillet 2009
- Journées Littéraires, Normandy, France, including a screening of Jaya
3 June 2009
- France O/ RFO, 20h35, broadcast of Jaya, Fille du Gange (Jaya Ganga).
22 May 2009
- Participating in the debate in 'This Week in the world' on france 24
14 May 2009, 22.15 pm
- Ce soir ou jamais, France 3, a television discussion on the Indian
Elections and the sub-continental tensions.
- Paroles du Monde, Public Sénat television channel, an interview on
the Indian elections
4 April 2009
- University of Montpellier, a screening of One Dollar Curry
- France 24, Face à Face, a television interview on the Indian
25 February 2009
- BBC World Service, The World Today, an interview on Slumdog
Millionaire winning the Oscar.
31 January 2009
Cité Nationale de l’Histoire de l’Immigration, guest speaker on
“Understanding Indian immigration” and a screening of One Dollar Curry
23 January 2009
- Unesco, Paris, a screening of One Dollar Curry organised by the
Indian Ambassador to Unesco.
- France Culture, on Indian cinema
18 December 2008
- BBC World Service, The World Today, on the aftermath of the Bombay
1 December 2009
France 24, Top Story, on the Mumbai terrorist attacks
1 December 2009
- NDTV News, on a candlelight meeting in Paris for expressing
solidarity with the Indian democracy
14 November 2008
Inauguration of the Amsterdam India Festival at the Concertgebouw. The
concept design for the dressing up of the Concertgebouw in Indian
colours was created by Vijay Singh.
31 August 2008
- BBC World Service, the World Today, on sexual taboos and Indian cinema